Sunday 29 July 2012

I have God as my friend

The present moments remains for me the most powerful thing! I can do so much in the present, but most of all life become so simple: I just have to love, to be there for others! 
Instead moments lived in the hope of living something better which may never come seems a bit of a waste of that moment. I can hope living in the present, or hope living in what I haven't got, the future. By living in the future I am not able to love the person next to me, because my attention is elsewhere. So, to live the present I have to love Jesus Forsaken first of all, ie give up or die a little to myself. And where there is a death there is a resurrection, often the hundredfold, but we often don't see it becasue we are taken by the negative. 

Jesus plays hide and seek with me, only it is more than a play, its a getting used to handing over the things to him in the present. Often I can't find him by myself but together we can see him. So, even in the greatest panic or anxiety I can always find him, forsaken or risen, but him, which is the important bit!  I need to learn more and more to hand things over to him present amongst us and present in me. Trust him, know he is with me always. What a great opportunity. I HAVE A GOD AS MY FRIEND! This is the ultimate! If God loves me that much, I can but give this love to others. 

Often it only takes a word or a gesture from a friend. I just need to see it. So, back to loving with his love on this sunny day, thanking him for all I have received today, now!

2 comments:

  1. Ciao Manfred.
    Firstly: this blog is a great idea! It is easier as FB is not used by all and has some side issues ... Thank you.

    Then I wanted also to say thanks for your life of the last few months, which we have followed through your messages on line. It has been indeed a lifeline for me, especially when things seemed to be difficult and keeps me going in getting anchored to the Essential. You are always in my daily prayers.

    I think you were so much present during the Mariapolis with your daily offering, which has undoubtedly contributed to the shower of graces we experienced. Thank you for this too!

    You have a really great friend :) and lots of others who will try to live with, like and for you.

    Ciao. 1!
    Gianni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gianni, thanks but it all works both ways. We just need to be sure we don't just live our lives alone. You life gives me also inspiration we I don't feel like it.

    ReplyDelete