Thursday 26 July 2012

A Brilliant day

Today was a reality check day. 
  1. I went to see the doc because I was a bit worried about possible infections as I recently came in contact with some nasty bug. On the way to hospital I was thinking of what might happen, and what they may say in reaction. In the end I was told not to worry. 
  2. They had a detailed look at my diet as I am loosing weight. I got a lot of very useful tips. 
  3. This morning I was rather impatient with myself mostly about the things I needed to do. I banged my head, the ticket machine at the stations wasn't showing what I expected, the panic about the infections sun burn due to my sensitive skin, etc. 
The reality check? The challenge to live in the present loving the other and most of all loving Jesus on the Cross in all these small things. How important small things can be. In the end it was Jesus in the shape of my neighbour who was there once again. A colleague who simply said: "Don't panic", a text which talked to me about the present moment and starting a again, of loving the neighbour in the present although he wanted to be somewhere else. And suddenly I saw the sun shining, the friendly nurse who told me not to worry, the very helpful dietician. There is God among us. I could offer everything for the Mariapolis and there I am in the Mariapolis for the closing ceremony!! What a brilliant day! And the passa parola for today: Believe in the love of God! How can I not.

No comments:

Post a Comment