Friday 27 July 2012

Thanks for all these gifts


To love seems such an obvious thing for me to do and yet... it all comes back to the small things. It is not an idea, a concept, I conclude that to love is my life. I am alive in the present moment when I love, because, I suspect I am part of God's very own life. God is love! So, by loving my neighbour in the small things of the present moment I am part of God! Quite something! God among people! But I can only do this with his help! 

Yesterday was a good example of all the small things that happened. By the evening I there was a plan of God I could contemplate, a plan which gave me lots of chances to love: My brother at home, colleagues at work, fellow passengers on the train, the train driver, nurses at the hospital, etc. By the time I got to bed I was at peace and joyful, because I really felt God with me in all these things. Today, after another night of little sleep, I have another great day to do nothing but to love in the present. Jesus, you are great! Thanks for all these gifts, thanks for this marvellous family of the Opera (I don't actually like that word, but never mind). Thanks for a marvellous Mariapolis with you being at the centre of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment