Saturday 28 July 2012

The daily struggle


"Our struggle starts again every day by living the commandment that Jesus left us: "Love one another as I have loved you."

Our struggle. Chiara calls it. It seems to me very true. I wake up after a night in which I was more awake than asleep, unrefreshed,  perhaps a little grumpy , .. and now I lose the opportunity to love my brother! Sure it's a struggle, but alone I can not do it. Chiara's answer:

Loving our neighbor as ourselves is realized only when the two are one and one becomes the other and the other one gets the first.
The life of the Trinity. More and more I am struck by the brief moments of contemplation amidst the cleaning here and there, and the practical tasks. But this kind of contemplation is not solitary, no it is the result of mutual love, it is the presence of Jesus amongst us.  I am truly in God, in dialogue with Jesus, but not neglecting the acts of love of the moment! Yesterday I realized a little 'more what Jesus means to me, in the other. I can give something to God every moment, that is the word he thought of when he created me I can be his word come to life!  I'm so happy to be able to make a gift to him, to be a reply to his immense love, at least a little. But it struck me even more that my answer is born out of the love I have for his word come to life in my neighbour. It is not me, but us!.

It struck me that love for each other really covers everything. Instead of seeing that this or that is wrong, there is only positive, as God sees things. And that's part of the struggle to see what seems negative, the mistakes and shortcomings to see as positives as a gift for us. But again, we can do this together. 

Seeing the start of the Olympics I was struck by humanity's ability to do good, certainly with much suffering underneath, but if we are by nature able to do such good with such effect, how much more would we be able to accomplish  if we were prepared to lose everything for God? I contemplated the work of God in the many people being together! It gave me so much optimism, I realize that the life of God, ie, love for each other is part of our DNA. We just need to feed it to make it burst out

Jesus, thank you for these gifts today! I ask: Let me love you more and more, because I love you above all things.



No comments:

Post a Comment