Tuesday 2 April 2013

‘Have a love that knows no limits’


A love that welcomes our side-tracked neighbour, friend, brother or stranger, and forgives again and again.

The love that celebrates with a sinner who returns more than with a thousand righteous, and gives itself to God with it’s all its intelligence and goods to enable him to demonstrate the prodigal son's happiness for his return.
A love that does not fit and will not be measured.

How quick am I to complain about my neighbours, their way of doing things, their opinions, and their character? At best I am rather polite about it, but the bottom line often is: they really have to change! But that’s not how god loves me! His love is best be compared to a mother’s love making all the excuses for her children no matter what, defending the indefensible!

If I believe that God loves me immensely, without end, always, no matter what why should I not believe that that love is also expressed in the gift my brother/sister in the present moment? I can’t do this on my own, but I can do in communion with the others. Then, I have the light to see the immensity of God’s love for me despite the appearances also in the other! 

No comments:

Post a Comment