Wednesday 3 April 2013

‘Have I loved?’


Often I reflect how easy I am distracted by things that are simply not important, although at the time they seem to be! I elevate them to the essential to the exclusion of the most important things namely to love being prepared to loose everything out of love. Often I entertain the illusion that there is a tangible and a spiritual aspect of my life and that they are not always compatible. Instead I discovered it is not true: my life with  God is intensely practical and compatible! It’s my lack of faith and my faith in my own abilities that makes my life a misery! So today’s question is good one! I found this prayer by Chiara Lubich which has recalled me firmly into the present!

Time is fast escaping me;
Accept, O lord my life!
In my heart I hold you, the treasure
That must shape every move I make.
Follow me, watch over me; yours
Is my loving: rejoicing and suffering.
May no one catch even a sigh.
Hidden in you tabernacle
I live, I work for all,
May be the touch of my hand be yours,
Only yours be the tone of my voice.
In this rag of myself
May your Love return to this arid world?
with the water that gushes abundantly
from your wound Lord!
Let wisdom clear away the gloomy affliction of many,
Of all. In this way may Mary shine forth
(Chiara Lubich, Essential Writings, New City London, p 75)

No comments:

Post a Comment