Monday 15 April 2013

DIM


Knowing how to lose in front of the other

This is real challenge: how to lose my thoughts, what is most dear to me out of love for my neighbour! In my thoughts Mary at the foot of the cross came to mind as the perfect example that perhaps I overlook many a time. It is so real. Chiara made me reflect on knowing how to lose, when she writes:
We do not think enough about Mary’s “passion” about the swords that pierced her heart, about the terrible forsakenness she felt on Golgotha, when Jesus entrusted her to others...
Perhaps the reason for this this is that Mary knew all too well how to cover her living, tormented agony with sweetness, with light, and with silence.
And yet there is no similar to hers…
If one day our sufferings reach such depths that make everything inside us rebel, because the fruit of our “passion” seems to be taken out of our hands and, moreover from our heart, let’s remember her.
It will be this coldness that will make us a bit similar to her, and which will shape better in our souls the figure of Mary, the All-Beautiful, the Mother of all because by divine will she was detached from everyone, most of all from her divine son.
The desolate is the Saint par excellence.
I would want to relive her in her mortification,
I would want to be capable of being alone with God like her, in the sense that even in the midst of others, I feel drawn to make the whole of my life an intimate dialogue between my soul and God.
(Chiara Lubich, Essential Writings, New City London, p 139)
This will be my “model” that points to the essential in my everyday life. Every time I find it difficult to lose I have o ask myself: Does it matter (DIM)? Is it more important than my dialogue with God in my neighbour?

No comments:

Post a Comment