Friday 5 April 2013

Be sensitive to the needs of others


The challenge to love always! I cannot be sensitive to the need of others, if I look on my own, however great they may be! Where, there is me there can be nobody else! Looking at myself I cannot love, because the nature of love is to give…always!
We go to God through our brothers and sisters: “those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot god whom they have not seen”(1 JN 4: 20). Today in a time like ours this is what Christians must keep in mind above all.
Chiara Lubich, Essential Writings, New City London, p 78)
As God is very sensitive my needs, so must I be sensitive to the needs of my brothers and sisters, because in them I always find his love for me. Indeed they are the expression of God’s for me. I always find God’s love amazing, when I think that he has created my neighbour as an expression of love for me and vice versa!
“We have passed from death to life because we love on another (1 Jn 3:14). And we are called to live life and to bring life, even if fraternal love costs continuous effort. But this is none other than the characteristic cross of the Christian.
Chiara Lubich, Essential Writings, New City London, p 78)
To love for me means to be alive, to be empty of myself, my thoughts, out of love for God, who became nothing for me out of love. I understood that God’s love always gives keeping nothing. That is the love that we are called to live! It’s a revolution, a turning upside down of all we know!

No comments:

Post a Comment