Sunday 4 August 2013

Things of heaven


Last night has been unusual for me! I was crying all the time every time I was awake! It was as if instinctively that my body and my emotions wanted to say: “I don’t want to go just yet! I am bored with yet another further limitation due to the advancement of the tumour. In fact I want to get rid of it! There was all the range of emotions from anger, depression, desperation, pleading, rage! In the morning I understood that it was a deeply natural and human thing! So I looked for some more gifts from God: I have another day to look forward to, the sun is shining, I am able to communicate, I am still able to move around! Yesterday I was able to visit the Herts countryside! Then I had the opportunity to reflect on today’s readings! First St Paul reminded me that I have only one true life in Christ!
Since you have been brought back to true life with Christ, you must look for the things that are in heaven, where Christ is, sitting at God’s right hand. Let your thoughts be on heavenly things, not on the things that are on the earth, because you have died, and now the life you have is hidden with Christ in God. But when Christ is revealed – and he is your life – you too will be revealed in all your glory with him.
That is why you must kill everything in you that belongs only to earthly life: fornication, impurity, guilty passion, evil desires and especially greed, which is the same thing as worshipping a false god; and never tell each other lies. You have stripped off your old behaviour with your old self, and you have put on a new self which will progress towards true knowledge the more it is renewed in the image of its creator; and in that image there is no room for distinction between Greek and Jew, between the circumcised or the uncircumcised, or between barbarian and Scythian, slave and free man. There is only Christ: he is everything and he is in everything
In gospel shows the futility of holding on to earthly things, including my life! Jesus, help me to prepare for my meeting with you! All I offer for Elio and the whole of  the movement
Then he told them a parable: ‘There was once a rich man who, having had a good harvest from his land, thought to himself, “What am I to do? I have not enough room to store my crops.” Then he said, “This is what I will do: I will pull down my barns and build bigger ones, and store all my grain and my goods in them, and I will say to my soul: My soul, you have plenty of good things laid by for many years to come; take things easy, eat, drink, have a good time.” But God said to him, “Fool! This very night the demand will be made for your soul; and this hoard of yours, whose will it be then?.” So it is when a man stores up treasure for himself in place of making himself rich in the sight of God.’

No comments:

Post a Comment