Thursday 8 August 2013

The present moment:


Today I have the impression that time for me have my sight is deteriorating out as it takes longer to get to normal! I can read, butt my peripheral vision is sort of rainbow haze! As if I was tripping! Perhaps I’m! At first it was an hour, then three, then five, and finally today is the first whole day. But there I discovered many signs! I am less distracted when someone talks to me! I discover the beauty of listening. Another dono I can still read and type! Today is also the first day of physical pain, in joints, muscles, on the skin, but hey, patience is the watch word! The diamond is to slow down! I came across some thoughts by Chiara Lubich of how to live like Jesus on the Cross and it put me firmly in the right dimension!

But also in practice, the correct way to live Jesus Forsaken is to immediately pass on to the resurrection.

How is this done? I think you know the technique: when we encounter a suffering which is similar to him - something unexpected, something that makes us suffer - we say: “This is you”, it’s his face, it’s Jesus forsaken. We embrace him at once and then we must live the next moment. Why? Because a spirituality is a life, and all aspects of life are linked to one another, everything is linked. So we can’t live one point of the spirituality without living all the others.
Now, another point of our spirituality is that in order to love God we must do his will. When? In the present moment.
So we can’t embrace Jesus forsaken now, accept a suffering and just stay there thinking about it. We must pass on to the next moment and love our neighbour, or study; for you, to celebrate Mass, to hear confessions, whatever you must do.
The present moment: it is all that we have despite our illusion of appearing in control shaping the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment