Friday 9 August 2013

God will always love us!


Today I have the impression that time for me have my sight is deteriorating out as it takes longer to get to normal! I can read, butt my peripheral vision is sort of rainbow haze! As if I was tripping! Perhaps I’m! At first it was an hour, then three, then five, and finally today is the first whole day. But there I discovered many signs! I am less distracted when someone talks to me! I discover the beauty of listening. Another diamond I still read and type! Today is also the first day of physical pain, in joints, muscles, on the skin, but hey, patience is the watch word! The gift is to slow down! I came across some thoughts by Chiara Lubich of how to live like Jesus on the Cross and it put me firmly in the right dimension!

Telling people: “God is Love and God loves you immensely,” and saying it with conviction, provokes a revolution.
               Some might object: how can we think of God as love today when we know that many people, even innocent children, are subjected to every type of violence?
               We know the answer: if there ever was an innocent person who God loved more than any other, it was his Son, Jesus. But there he is on the cross - God permitted this - suffering terribly, there he is crying out even the abandonment by his Father.
               Where is the love of the Father in which he had always believed? How is it possible to discover it?
               The fact is that there was a wonderful plan for Jesus which went beyond his earthly life: He would have to suffer in this way for the salvation of humanity and then be glorified, also as man, in that heaven, now opened to all those who would follow him.
               This is the meaning of suffering.
               But there is a plan of love for every person, for all of us. We must speak of this when we meet people who are suffering: You don’t see it, you don’t know, we don’t know, but we must believe it. God doesn’t permit it without reason.
… Whatever terrible misfortune or disaster, including natural disasters, might wound our brothers and sisters, or us, we must remind one another, over and over again, that God is Love.
               Certainly, in order to think in this way, one must believe in the next life. But the next life exists and we are not allowed to keep this for ourselves.
Therefore, we must believe in God’s love and live accordingly. Believe.
(Chiara Lubich, Conference Call, Rocca di Papa, February 27, 2010)

I was reminded of a saying or quote: “ nothing can come between us and the love of God!” ,because God will always love us!

No comments:

Post a Comment