Monday 25 March 2013

Jesus Forsaken, semper fi


It was early summer 1943 when a Franciscan religious, said to a young teacher who was Chiara Lubich: "Remember that God loves you immensely."
Words of fire that have upset and have then transformed her life.
And a few months later, on 24th January 44 Chiara meets Jesus crucified and forsaken
and finds in him the boundless love of God for us.
"God (the Father) so loved the world - says the Gospel of John -
to give (Himself) His only Son for us "(Jn 3:16).
Despite the appearances, that would indicate to the contrary, such as strife, disunity, lack of mutual love, illness, there is a reality of his love which I can see only if I have that same love! God loves me immensely! That’s all that counts! All the rest is the pain seen from this earth transformed into love in  paradise: ”My God my God why have you forsaken me?” with that cry Jesus Forsaken you have transformed my pain, our pain,  into love. I cannot but promise you: Jesus Forsaken, semper fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment